BAAPS Statistics 2011: Cosmetic Surgery Trends at Aurora Clinics and Beyond
The annual BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) cosmetic surgery statistics got a little lost this year amidst the PIP Implants media frenzy.
Nonetheless, they make for interesting reading so we thought you might like a summary of the findings and how they relate to us here at Aurora Clinics.
UK Cosmetic Surgery Last Year
- Despite the ongoing recession, not one single cosmetic surgery procedure decreased in popularity in 2011!
- In fact, there was a 6% average increase in numbers of all cosmetic surgery procedures combined throughout the year.
- The biggest increasing procedure was the Male Tummy Tuck which increased by a whopping 15%!
- Breast enlargement surgery still remained the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure, followed by Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
- For men, the most popular procedure of 2011 was the nose job or rhinoplasty.
Do These Statistics Match Aurora Clinics?
At Aurora Clinics, we would agree that Breast Surgery procedures (particularly breast enlargement) are our most popular surgical treatments.
Having a number of top Breast Surgery specialist Plastic Surgeons and because we never used PIP implants, we hope that the PIP implants scandal will not affect the fantastic Aurora Clinics reputation for breast surgery.
To the contrary, we have been doing our utmost to help all the ladies with PIPs that we possibly can through cost price removal and replacement, whilst still maintaining our usual high standards of breast surgery for new breast enlargement patients.
The rise in male Tummy Tuck and other procedures like Gynecomastia (man boobs) is interesting. As Clinical Director and Surgeon Mr Adrian Richards observes, these are not all men who are overweight with beer bellies: many of them are fit and healthy individuals who are simply looking to shape up.
Whilst men had been catching up with women in the facial cosmetic stakes for a while as the popularity of male rhinoplasty shows 2011 was the year that men really seemed to begin to care a lot about their figures.
Other top procedures at Aurora Clinics are, as ever, our specialities like Inverted Nipple Correction and Mini Facelifts treatments which not all cosmetic surgery centres specialise in.
For more information on cosmetic surgery in general or any of the treatments mentioned in this article, please contact Aurora Clinics on 01324 578290 or mailto:email@example.com. To read more about the BAAPS official statistics 2011, please visit this link.