How can I correct a depression in my chest?


As a teenager I had a lump removed the left side of my chest. This left a deformity in the result of a concave dip running from behind my left nipple towards my armpit.

I am now 38 years of age and was wondering if there is a procedure to improve this area?


Thank you very much for your enquiry. It is possible to correct a depression in your chest using a number of procedures which range from fat transfer to a tailor-made implant.

With fat transfer, liposuction is used to remove fat from the lower part of the body. This is relocated to the chest region to improve the appearance of the area. However, some of the fat will absorb over time.

A custom-built implant is also a possibility but this is a slightly larger procedure.

I think it would be a good idea to meet face to face to discuss the various options available. If you would like to arrange a consultation please call our office on: 01324 578290 or email us at:

We look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Best Wishes,

The Aurora Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Team

Categories:  Body