All you need to know about Cosmetic Surgery for Men
Do you think nip and tucks are only for women? Think again because there are several options that are popular with men. In fact, here are some statistics to start with:
- The top cosmetic surgery procedures for men in 2007 include liposuction, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, male breast reduction, and facelift.
- The top non-surgical procedures for men in 2007 include Botox, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, hyaluronic acid, Hylaform, Restylane, and laser skin resurfacing.
- The total number of cosmetic surgery procedures including non-surgical processes performed on men in the US was almost 1 million in 2007.
- In the UK, Rhinoplasty was the top cosmetic surgery procedure for men. According to BAAPS, 716 men underwent this procedure, which is an increase of 36% since 2006.
- The biggest increase recorded so far has been in male abdominoplasty or tummy tucks and it was 61% in 2007.
- Another cosmetic surgery procedure for men that witnessed an increase is liposuction and the increase was by 18%. As of date, it is considered as the 2nd most popular cosmetic surgery procedure for men.
- The third most popular cosmetic surgery procedure for men is breast reduction, which has increased by 27%. BAAPS members conducted 224 procedures on men for breast reduction in 2007 vis-à-vis 177 procedures in 2006.
These numbers are astounding and the facts somewhat surprising. So what are the top 3 cosmetic surgery procedures for men in the UK? Here is some information that will answer your question.
Most popular Cosmetic Surgery for men
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
This is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in men and caters mostly to the 20+ age group. The surgery can be performed internally (inside the nose) or externally. It takes 2-3 hours.
This is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure among men who are in their early or mid 30s. In 2007, almost 582 liposuction procedures were carried out on men in the UK. The total time for the surgery mostly depends on the size of the area where liposuction has to be conducted and the amount of fat taken out.
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
This cosmetic surgery procedure is popular among men who are at the back end of the 40s and want to look younger. In 2007, almost 558 blepharoplasty procedures were carried out on men in the UK. The surgery time can vary from 1-3 hours.