Aurora Clinics March 2011 Newsletter
Last year we launched a 10 Years Younger Competition with our local radio station Mix 96. Listeners were asked to send in a photo with a story about themselves. The entrants were then independently judged to win a fantastic prize of up to £1500 of skin treatments and a make-over.
We are delighted to announce the lucky winner is Samantha Morton. Follow her story in future newsletters.
Have a Beautiful Recession: Cosmetic Surgery on a Budget
During a recession, women actually buy more skincare and makeup products. Lipstick sales in the UK are up by 11%. This could be due to the desire for affordable comfort treats.
There are lots of products on the market that can make a big difference to your appearance without breaking the bank. The secret is knowing which ones are just gimmicks and which really do deliver results.
Here at Aurora, we only sell clinically tested skincare and makeup products, many of which are only available to Aesthetic Practitioners and their clients.
Our inside tips for looking amazing without spending a fortune are:
- Flavo C Cream moisturiser – the best moisturiser weve come across, providing a powerful hit of Vitamin C to stimulate collagen production for younger, healthier looking skin and a great glow. £22.50.
- Tensage Serum - a very intensive serum which regenerates ageing skin, heals, smoothes lines and gives an amazing silky finish (great as a base for make-up). £37.50.
- Cernor Coverstick – for anybody considering eye surgery or who struggles with dark shadows under their eyes this may be for you! Easily the best under-eye treatment we’ve found, thanks to the high levels of Vitamin K Oxide and light reflecting agents. Not only conceals under-eye circles, but treats them too! £24.00.
- bareEscentuals Bisque – this mineral concealer is like nothing else weve tried. Containing nothing but Bismuth, Mica and Iron Oxide, this concealer is not a powder or a cream but gives amazing coverage that feels light yet is capable of hiding scars, acne, dark circles and red veins. Also contains SPF20 sun protection.
- BareEscentuals Buxoms - the lip gloss that makes you look like you’ve had your lips enhanced! With tons of ceramide to naturally boost collagen production, these tingling glosses really make your lips plump up. They come in a gorgeous range of colours and smell of caramel. £18.00.
If you are interested in any of these products please visit our on-line shop for more details or call us on 01324 578290 to purchase.
Mr Prashant Govilkar’s Talk on Weight Loss Surgery
The Weight Loss Support Group at Aurora Clinics in High Wycombe, were visited by Mr Prashant Govilkar earlier this month. 22 patients at varying stages of their weight-loss journey – from those considering diets and gastric bands to beat obesity to others who were post-op or closer to their target weight - shared their experiences and results.
Mr Govilkar then gave a talk about their possible options for dealing with the excess skin often left as a by-product of dramatic weight-loss, including his specialism: weight-loss surgery.
Mr Govilkar offers a range of surgical procedures at Aurora Clinics in Princes Risborough, including Arm Lifts, Thigh Lifts, Liposuction and Belt Lipectomy (like an Abdominoplasty but to tighten skin right the way around the waist, not just at the front) for patients who have lost large amounts of weight.
This is not, as Mr Govilkar emphasised at his talk, a quick fix (due to the recovery time and possible need for multiple procedures on different areas), nor is it meant to be a method of losing weight in itself, but of tightening excess skin and reshaping the body afterwards.
Weight loss surgery is an area which can be hugely beneficial to the self-confidence of those who have lost an especially large amount of weight. Excess skin treatment for aesthetic purposes is not usually provided on the NHS, so for many patients private Surgeons like Mr Govilkar offer a possible solution.
As demonstrated at the talk, Mr Govilkar is very approachable, supportive and quite happy for patients to come and see him to discuss their options after weight loss, without feeling that they will be pushed into surgery.
For a consultation with Mr Govilkar at the Aurora Clinics in Princes Risborough, call us on 01324 578290 or use our online contact form.