Plastic surgery booming in the UK
The BBC has reported on BAAPS (the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) latest statistical findings – that reveal the UK’s ardour for plastic surgery is not abating.
In fact, the figures reveal something of a boom last year, and this despite the UK still being in the grip of a recession.
So what cosmetic surgeries are proving to be popular?
Boob jobs and eyelid surgery were the most popular cosmetic surgeries, with both enjoying year-on-year spikes in number: 13% and 14% respectively.
However it was liposuction which suddenly everyone seemingly wanted last year, with an enormous increase of 41% in number of procedures performed.
Brow lifts and tummy tucks were also increasingly popular, with 17% and 16% respective increases – evidently we are looking to appear younger and slimmer (no real surprises there). In fact, of the top 10 most popular treatments, all rose by a minimum of 12.5%, a significant increase across the board.
The Top 10:
1. Breast augmentation up 13% to 11,135
2. Eyelid surgery up 14% to 7,808
3. Face and neck lifts up 13% to 6,380
4. Breast reduction up 12.5% to 5,476
5. Nose jobs up 17% to 4,878
6. Liposuction up 41% to 4,326
7. Tummy tucks up 16% to 3,466
8. Fat transfer operations up 14.5% to 3,302
9. Brow lifts up 17% to 2,138
10. Ear corrections up 14% to 1,213
Aurora Clinics offer a wide range of plastic surgery procedures and non-surgical treatments from clinics throughout the UK. For information on any of our treatments, or to book a consultation, call us on 01324 578290 or email mailto:email@example.com.