Mr William Van Niekerk
MB ChB MSc MRCS MCMI FRCS(Plast) RAF
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr William Van Niekerk trained in Pretoria (South Africa), where he qualified as a medical doctor in 1996. He completed his surgical training and his postgraduate research training in Anatomy and Craniofacial Surgery at the University of Oxford.
He went on to specialise in Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery in Oxford, Glasgow, Birmingham, and London, and refined his skills in Texas. He has completed fellowships in Burn Surgery, Microvascular Surgery, and Major Trauma Surgery. He is a Wing Commander in the Royal Air Force.
Mr Van Niekerk’s clinical interest is in all aspects of Cosmetic Surgery as well as in Complex Military Trauma Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery, and Burn Surgery.
He has won a number of awards including The Dooley Prize in Anatomy and the University of Oxford Trinity College Graduate Prize, which he was awarded twice.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council with a license to practice and an entry on the Specialist Register as Plastic Surgeon
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Member of the Combined Services Plastic Surgery Society (CSPSS)
- Member of the British Burn Association (BBA)
- Member of the European Burn Association (EBA)
- Member of the Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons’ Indemnity Scheme (PRASIS)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- All aspects of cosmetic breast surgery
- Body contouring including abdominoplasty surgery and liposuction
- Female genital cosmetic surgery