Breast Enlargement FAQ – Is it safe to fly?
Aurora is now part of The Private Clinic, a nationwide group of clinics with over 35 years of experience specialising in Cosmetic Surgery and Skin and a Trust Pilot 5 star rating. For comprehensive information, before and after photos and costs on Breast Augmentation procedures click here
This is another FAQ video in our breast enlargement series, all about flying post surgery. A common misconception many people have is that when you have implants, you should avoid flying. This is far from the truth. It is perfectly safe to fly post surgery.
However, we do encourage patients to avoid flying for at least two weeks but ideally 6 weeks once they have recovered fully from surgery. Firstly, flying whilst recovering from a major procedure is not going to be comfortable, and will not aid your recovery in the slightest. Secondly, and most importantly, when you are in the operation and under general anaesthetic, you are not moving, so the blood in your legs can become a bit stagnant and you can get blood clots. The same thing can happen when on a plane, as you move around very little. This is more technically known as venous thrombosis. We encourage the use of compression stockings post surgery if you are going to be in situations where you are not able to move around on a regular basis.
Breast Augmentation at The Private Clinic
The Private Clinic guides thousands of woman every year through their breast enlargement journey. We are committed to Medical Expertise, Patient Care and Satisfaction, Honest advice and most importantly the best breast enlargement results.
The Private Clinic ensures you have the best cover and quality which includes;
- Free consultation with your specialist surgeon.
- 24-hour patient helpline to ensure you are always in the best of hands.
- Three years cover for all surgical, hospital and nursing care, in case of any medical issue giving you peace of mind.
- Lifetime guarantee on the Nagor implant for rupture and capsular contracture.
- The Private Clinic offers a unique warranty of £1000 towards surgical costs in case of rupture for 10 years from the date of your operation.
- Comprehensive Breast Enlargement Patient Guide.
- Highly experienced Cosmetic Breast Surgeons who have decades of experience.
- Outstanding hospital facilities.
- As many post-operative care and appointments with your surgeon and nursing team as required.
- Our experience and medical expertise makes your journey a reassuring one click here
For more info on breast enlargement, visit our boob job information pages, where you’ll find FAQS, breast enlargement photos, videos and more. To book a free consultation with a surgeon, call us on 0333 920 2471 or use our breast enlargement online contact form.